Monday, February 23, 2009

Four Steps to Achieving Success in Any Endeavor

By Jeremy Standiford

Success is something we all want. We want a successful relationship, we want a successful career, we want to be successful financially, and we want to be healthy and fit. Success means getting what you want. Most people do not know how to be successful in most areas of their life, because they don’t know the formula for being successful. This article outlines the four steps necessary to achieve success in any area of your life by clearly defining what it is you want, remaining focused on the outcome, and taking the necessary action to achieve success. I first heard this formula from my life coach, Anthony Robbins, in his audio series, Get The Edge - The Power to Change Your Life Now, but people have used this formula throughout the ages to achieve the success they desire. It's nothing new, and Tony himself came up with this formula from modeling other successful people, something we'll talk about in step 4.

Step 1 - know what you want. In order to achieve success in anything, you must first know the outcome – what it is you want. It’s amazing how many people will be able to tell you what they don’t want, but don’t have a clue what it is they do want. If you don’t know exactly what you want, then I recommend reading The Law of Attraction, By Michael Losier, not because I necessarily believe in some esoteric force in the universe, but because the book outlines in simple steps how to determine exactly what it is you do want, based on what you don’t want and also offers strategies to stay focused on the outcome - what you want.

In any area of your life, it’s important to know the outcome. When you are doing something for your business, know the result you want from it. Do you want to get more leads for you business? Maybe you want to inspire people in your down line to really step up their efforts and succeed. Whatever it is, make it clear in your mind what it is you are trying to achieve from the action you are taking, so that your every thought and action is directed towards that aim. Keep in mind that the biggest trap that keeps anyone from succeeding is fear. Fear holds us paralyzed; overcoming fear is one of the key to success which brings us to the next step.

Step 2 - Take action and move towards the achievement of your goals. Most people are afraid to take action; they’re afraid of failure and sometimes even afraid of success. It’s sad that the few people who do know what they want sit around and don’t do anything about it because they are afraid of failure. The key to taking action and overcoming your fear is to decide, make a decision right now that you are not going to settle for anything less than what you know you can achieve, hold yourself to a higher standard than anyone else would expect of you.

I remember one of the first moments in my life when I really decided I wanted something and took action. It was my freshman year in college, at the age of 18 I was probably 60 lbs overweight. Now that I was on my own, away from my parents, I decided that I was in control of my life and destiny, and I was going to lose weight and get in shape. I had no idea how to do this, I knew next to nothing about nutrition and exercise, but I took action anyway, I started working out on a consistent basis at my university gym and started eating healthier foods and in smaller amounts. I took a few weightlifting classes from my university and I started reading information on the Internet. And guess what happened? I lost all the excess weight and had a great physique. I achieved my goal because I decided what I wanted and took action. There was a lot of fear involved at first, there were a lot of attractive young women working out at the university gym, and there were a lot of guys there that were in way better shape than me. I could have let my feelings of fear stop me from taking action, I could have just consigned myself to a fate of being heavy, but I had made a decision and because I had decided that I was no longer going to accept being overweight, and I persevered to achieve my desire.

So remember, it is very important to decide, if you haven’t yet, decide now that you are going to achieve your dreams. Decide now that you are no longer going to accept anything less than the kind of extraordinary life you know you deserve. Do this, and nothing will stop you from living your dreams.

Step 3 – Notice what you are getting from your actions. You will undoubtedly experience temporary setbacks when taking action toward your goals. When you do experience these setbacks, learn what you can from your mistakes, and then change your approach if necessary.

A lot of people give up after they experience their first failure. They’re afraid of ridicule and “ultimate failure”, that is, they’re afraid because of one tiny setback that they will not achieve their goal. But let me ask you question: if you had a normal, healthy child that was learning to walk, how long would you give that child to learn to walk? How many times would you let that kid fall down before you stopped him and said, “OK, well you gave it a good effort, but I don’t think this is going to happen for you”. No one would ever say that to his or her child, because we all let our kids keep trying and trying until they eventually learn to walk. No wonder everyone can walk! That is the “magic” formula, perseverance.

But more important than perseverance is intelligent perseverance, maybe you need to sharpen your saw when trying to fell a tree or maybe you’re using a sledgehammer and need to change your tools. In network marketing, the traditional sales/recruiting strategy involves calling your warm market and from there, scouting out strangers using strategies like the “three foot rule”. These tools are outdated, and inefficient. I have a self-branded, generic marketing system that you can use to monetize your prospecting efforts and generate an endless supply of leads for your business. We have a huge team of professional networkers, each building their own respective networking businesses and they are willing to help each other succeed in this business through skype chat and our private forum. All of the marketing training is included in the system at no extra cost; we even have training on how to handle prospects when talking on the phone. Interested? Click here and get a 14-day test drive of this system for only $1.

Step 4 – Model success. If you want to be successful in any area of your life, it’s important to find out what already works and start there. Don’t try to reinvent the wheel, find others who are already successful in the same area you want success in and do what they are doing. If you want to lose weight, find people who have been overweight, lost the weight, and kept it off and do what they did. By modeling others success, and even improving upon their model, you too can achieve the success you desire.

Same goes for your network marketing business. My company told me the same thing I’m telling you now - don’t reinvent the wheel. But their system did not incorporate the most powerful networking tool in existence – the Internet. I knew there had to be a way to use the power of the Internet to build my business. I bought a lot of e-books, enrolled in online courses. Most of them were lousy but some of them were helpful. Then I had a breakthrough; I met someone who completely changed the way I look at my business. He introduced me to the same system I’m introducing you to now – a generic self-branded funded proposal system that incorporates 11 different income streams and positions you as the expert. The best part is that it really works. Top earners in this industry have been using this system and variations of it to generate an endless supply of prospects and fully fund their prospecting efforts so they have a positive cash flow.

If you want to grow your business, effortlessly, with an endless supply of hungry prospects, eager to buy from you, and benefit from your leadership, then you owe it to yourself to check out my system. For only $1 you can take it for a 14-day test drive, where you can see all the training available, and really get a feel for how the system works, interested? Click here. Success comes to those who decide and take action. If you’re serious about building your business, then make the decision to investigate my system and see for yourself what my team and I have to offer.

I hope this post helps you succeed and achieve the kind of extraordinary life you know you deserve. I am dedicated to helping you others succeed because I know what it’s like to want something more, to want to be better than you already are. I know what it’s like to struggle for these dreams, but I’m telling you know you don’t have to struggle. Follow these steps and you will achieve your dreams with a minimum of effort.

See Also:

Anthony Robbins: The Edge - The Power to Change Your Life Now

The system I'm using to generate 100s of leads daily and explode my business

No comments:

Post a Comment